Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Shrimp Boat on the Amelia River

I recently found a stash of 8 x 8 canvases in my studio and have been enjoying painting in that smaller format for a while now.  I like to work on multiple paintings at the same time so that there is always some work that can be done while others are drying between sessions.  This painting of a shrimp boat is the latest in that small format series, and is the first of two that I have completed recently.  It is currently available at the Island Art Association gallery.

This is only the third time I have painted one of these iconic boats that grace our riverfront but I have been sketching and photographing them regularly since we moved here.  They all seem to have unique characters and "interesting" dock situations. 


Shrimp Boat on the Amelia River
8 x 8 Oil on Canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment