Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Oil Painting, again

I have been working on some oil paintings lately, trying to get back the feel for that particular medium.  So far each has been entirely different than the next, but I am just stubborn enough to keep at it.   I was asked to join a group of painters who are trying to promote working in oils here on the island.  We meet once a week to paint together so it has kind of forced me to work in oil as well as in a group setting.  The feedback is great as I have struggled to adapt to the limitations as well as the opportunities that oils bring into play. 

Now if I could just remember how long this paint stays wet I wouldn't be smearing paint all over myself and my studio moving them around.




Near Jemez
16 x 20 Oil on Canvas



August on the Greenway
18 x 24 Oil on Canvas




Storm Over the Jetty
16 x 20 oil on canvas

No comments:

Post a Comment