Thursday, June 11, 2020

High Key Painting

A group of artists I meet with have been doing an art challenge using a three deck card system with different directions for elements of painting that had to be incorporated in the work.  Each of us took one card from each deck and were required to follow the instructions on at least two of the cards to create a piece of work.  The cards I pulled loosely required me to (1) choose a color scheme, and (2) paint the work in a high key.  So... these two pieces are using a split complement color scheme in each and using a palette of only high key in those colors.  Painting high key was definitely a challenge for me but I finally liked what came out of the process and controlled my urge to add darker compositional elements. 


Moonrise
12 x 12 Oil on Canvas 


Mill Study
20 x 16 Oil on Canvas 

No comments:

Post a Comment