Friday, July 7, 2023

Evolving Imagery

Below is an example of how some images evolve in different media over a period of time.  I found a photo of cottonwoods on the Rio Grande in my pictures from past trips and initially produced the watercolor sketch.  After a while I used the sketch as the basis for the oil painting, then did a quick pastel sketch as a preliminary for a print.  The print is actually backward of the original image which I did on purpose to see how it would look in that direction and the colors are significantly altered from the prior images.  As I can no longer find the original photo image this is probably it for this iteration.



Watercolor sketch 8 x 11







Cottonwoods on the Rio Grande
12 x 16  on panel




Pastel sketch 7 x 9

Cottonwoods on the Rio Grande
7 x 9 reduction linocut print 18 color


No comments:

Post a Comment